Saturday, August 27, 2011

Free At Last!

Well, I haven't written in a while. But, this time, I'm not embarrassed or sad about it. Because this summer I finished school.

Yep. Finished.

Well...kind of. I have an associates degree and several "certificates" now. I like to pretend and tell people that I'm done "forever". It makes me feel good.

However, I'm sure that that's not the truth. I'll probably eventually go back and continue my degree.

But let's not talk about such sad thoughts for now.

Instead of filling my day with hopeless, endless piles of worthless homework (I mean, seriously...when will I EVER need to know how to expand binomials) I am now filling it with things I actually enjoy.

For example:
-I spend a majority of my day dancing around singing "Mamma Mia" by ABBA on the top of my lungs.
-I do a minimal amount of cleaning so that I can feel somewhat productive,
-I scrapbook,
-I look longingly at my patterns for sewing a quilt, wishing I had just a little bit more money to buy all of the materials i need (although we did just get our grant money...I"M RICH!),
-I cook delicious meals,
-I sing and dance around the house a little more,
-I feel just a little embarrassed when CW walks into our house seeing me singing and dancing around like a maniac (only a little though),
-I color pictures (yes, I'm five),
-I watch lots of movies,
-and now I'm finally getting back into blogging!

Basically, I'm just super happy all around. CW tells me pretty much every day "Wow, Lyndsie. You're so much happier now that you're out of school! I barely recognize this new person."

Oops.

Well, at least I'm enjoyable to be around now! :) So, at least while I can, I'm going to continue living life up!

What do you like to do when you have spare time? Any suggestions for me that's both inexpensive and fun?

4 comments:

  1. Yea!! You're back!! I'm so glad. :) I love your post. Seth and I were laughing because we can totally see you singing to ABBA on the top of your lungs. I'm surprised you haven't made a music video yet! Ha ha - p.s. your blog is so cute. I love the updated background. :)

    Also, I love to walk around the mall in the middle of the day. I don't need money to "shop". I just walk around. It's nice to get out of the house. Sometimes I try things on, but I never buy anything - unless I just fall in love with something. Then I have Seth or mom go to the mall with me to get their opinion.

    You could read - I love going to the library.

    OR just be lazy. You will have to get a job soon. Enjoy your time of doing nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I like to do in my spare time--Read or write. Both are free (if I go to the library). I also like to go for walks, talk to people on the phone, go over to my friend's houses, bake, serve my fellow rs sisters (bake them cookies, go visiting teaching, make then dinner etc.), I do a ton of family history work...

    Let's repeat that one: FAMILY HISTORY RESEARCH is free. Just sayin.

    But, it is free.

    Enjoy the time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. I really enjoy dancing around the house like a maniac as well. In my free time I go to library and check out books to learn about different things I want to know how to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lyndsie Lou, how I love you! I posted a list of 30 random fun things to do to make me happy...you could take a look at that! :)

    ReplyDelete