Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm Ready to Baby it Up in Here!

Oh yeah. I'm pretty stoked! 

I have a baby growing inside of my body at this very moment.
How awesome is that!

And let me tell you....it isn't always easy to get pregnant.

No, it is not!

There were so many teenage girls getting pregnant at my high school when I was younger, I thought to myself, "Oh yeah, it's EASY to get pregnant! We'll have no trouble what so ever."

That was definitely not the case.

I'm surprised at how many people for their first child have lots of difficultly getting pregnant. It's a really tough trial that is difficult to understand unless you've gone through it or you know someone who is close to you that has gone through it.

That's why I mention it.

I'm not ashamed that it took us a little while.

In fact, looking back, this pregnancy couldn't have come at a better time.

It's just a testimony to me that things will happen all in due time. And what's meant to be will be.

(And for those of you wondering...we tried for 9 months. Which really isn't that long when you put things into perspective or talk to other people who try for several years...but to me, it was FOREVER!)

Anyway, I'm having a baby! :)

My current due date is February 17, 2013 (although, I don't really like to count on that date. The baby will come when the baby is ready)

I am currently 9 weeks along (so I don't know the gender of the baby yet) and I feel FANTASTIC!

No, really. 

I feel great.

I've had ZERO days of morning sickness and it is a HUGE blessing to me and my family!

I do, of course have other symptoms, (back pain, weird aversion to smells, gagging when I brush my teeth, super mega highly emotional, and I get really tired really easily...just to name a few.)

But no throwing up. It's awesome.

I already know I'm going to be that girl that my friends call up when they're pregnant to ask me how I overcame the trial of being sick all the time and I'll just say*, "I don't know what you're talking about! Pregnancy is AWESOME!"

*ps. I would never EVER actually say this. Morning sickness is a very real thing and I feel terrible for all the women that have to go through it. 

Anyway, to help show our excitement, I told CW that I wanted to take a couple of awesome pictures:

Although my brother-in-law questioned my math, I would like to remind everyone that this does NOT read 1 + 1 = 3. That is incorrect. I now have another person inside of me...so it is 1 + 2 = 3. I can do math!

We're high-fiving each other here because we're excited that we did it. GO TEAM BABY!

Well, there you have it! That is the most exciting thing that has happened in our life right now. There are (of course) a million other things that have happened since the last time I posted...but what does that matter now?

It's baby time! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lyndsie!!!! I am so thrilled for you guys!!! Jon and I have just started trying and I don't even want to think about how long it might take! Yay for finally getting such a wonderful blessing!!! Congrats sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Baby time! I am very excited to have another baby in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for baby! cute pictures by the way. :]

    ReplyDelete