Sunday, August 29, 2010

August Rush

No, I'm not talking about the movie... I'm talking about mine & my hubby's life, of course! Because this August, we have certainly been RUSHED!

Cw & I went to New York with my parents at the beginning of August, we've moved away from TX back to UT (finally!), we're moving our stuff back into our apartment, FINALLY got to open up our wedding presents and start using them (it was like Christmas & our wedding day all over again...AMAZING!), CW started school and already has mass amounts of homework, and my sister is coming up and staying with me next weekend because one of her best friends is getting married.

Yay August!

So, since it's been a little bit, I'm going to start back and go through our trip...mind you, this may take a bit of time. And A LOT of pictures. Just imagine me (who takes 400 pictures in a day) plus my mom (who takes 500 pictures a day) plus my dad (who encourages us to take 600 pictures a day) plus CW (who is just so dang photogenic!) and you equal a million of amazing pictures and a ton of great memories! So, here it goes:

In New York, we had a ton of fun!

We went to the top of the Empire State Building at night! It was so amazing!

We took a walk in Central Park. (I love this picture! I think we look so cute.)

We went to Liberty Park AND got to go up into the crown of the Statue of Liberty! It was sooo cool! A big thanks to my mom who got the tickets to do that months in advanced!

The wall street bull. hehehe He touched the butt! (Nemo...classic!)

A jumping picture in front of the Statue of Liberty. Love it! Jumping pictures are my absolute favorite! They are so cool!

The magnificent Statue of Liberty!

We got to go see The Phantom of the Opera for both my mom's and my birthday! It was absolutely AMAZING! We were sitting in the second row and the chandelier fell on us! Awesome! I highly recommend it.

After Phantom of the Opera, we went and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. Yummy! Just thinking about all of the amazing food that we had in New York (like the Shake Shack...which is one of my new all-time favorites!) makes me hungry! :)

We also walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. Its got an awesome view.

Finally, here's the bakery that I worked at! You know, the one that I applied for, was hired, then fired, then re-hired, then fired, then re-hired again a third time, I worked there for about a week, and then I quit because CW and I moved to TX...

good times. :)

So, that was our trip to New York. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we had the opportunity to go!

okay, so you probably think that I'm really weird because we took a picture of a toilet. And once you learn the reason, I'm sure you'll think that we're HUGE nerds. BUT! In the Chicago airport, they had toilets with the plastic already on it. All you had to do was wave your hand over it, and it automatically changed! It was so cool!

So, we went back to TX and before we left, we went to go see the temple. It's a really small temple, and unfortunately it was closed...but it was still a lot of fun to go see!

Here's us in front of the temple...sort of. We're in front of the gates that are in front of the temple. It's weird that a temple is closed! I'm used to the Mesa and Salt Lake Temples where the ground are open every day of the week until late at night! Oh well.


And finally...we got into a truck and started heading back to UT! YAY!! (We were originally going to fly back to UT, but one of CW's friends had to go back early and asked if we'd drive his truck back for him. It actually worked out a million times better for us in the end...so it was perfect!)

It was a really fun trip home! We got to stay the night at CW's parents house. It was so wonderful to see them! Especially, CW's sister, Shannel, who is leaving for Russia tomorrow to teach English to those wonderful children over there! I am so excited for her! It is going to be such a wonderful experience for her!

The truck was FULL of stuff! (both our stuff and CW's friend's stuff!) I honestly can't believe how much stuff we have! It's crazy!

At one point, our tarp was falling off in the back, so we had to pull over to the side of the road while CW got out and fixed it in the back. There he is in the rear-view mirror tying it back up! :) Isn't he wonderful! :D

At another point of the trip, we were stopped in traffic for an HOUR! It was completely ridiculous! At one point, CW got out of the car and started walking around. After much persuasion, I got out of the car with him. Here's CW just hanging out while we were waiting for the cars to FINALLY start moving again! It took FOR-EV-ER! (hehehe a little bit of the Sandlot there)

It was absolutely gorgeous weather on the way home! Going from super hot and humid Texas (think 105 degrees and 80% humidity...EW) through to dry and cool Utah (think 80 degrees and 0% humidity) was a wonderful transition that I was more than happy to make!

So, there you have it! Our trip to New York with my parents, a visit to the Dallas Temple, seeing CW's parents, staying with my grandma one night and CW's brother another night, and finally making it all the way back to UT! It's been most certainly a fun August!

And after a ton of pictures and three movie references (hehehe), I've finally finished another blog post. Perfecto!

Coming Soon! Pictures of our new apartment. Yipee!

3 comments:

  1. We saw Phantom of the Opera when we were in New York!! It was definitely amazing!! That's so cool you got to be so close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, you are so funny. You look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay a few questions- are you guys in Utah right now? Where are you guys living? and did it hurt when the chandelier fell on you at the phantom of the opera?!

    ReplyDelete