Friday, May 14, 2010

Honeymoon Part Two (Our Final Destination)


Well, we moved on from New Mexico and headed into the next state.

Colorado.

Colorado is such a beautiful state! I love it! I definitely wouldn't complain if we ended up there someday! :) We stayed the night somewhere in CO after Las Vegas in New Mexico. The next morning we got up, ready to go to our final destination. (Which I knew was somewhere in CO!)

We stopped to get lunch at a Chipotle, only to find as we stop my car that it was smoking.
...
No, I'm not kidding. When I say that I have bad luck with cars I honestly mean it.

We opened up the hood of my car and discovered that a pipe had burst, leaking coolant all over my engine. So, as soon as we were done eating, off we went to Superior Truck and Auto to help us fix our car.

Luckily, it only took a little over an hour and didn't cost us very much money to fix. But, the point is that we did spend some time here at this car repair shop in Colorado. Joy.

After he got it fixed up with a new pipe, we were on our way. We drove through the beautiful mountains into the forests and ended up at a cabin. Next to the river. Oh yeah, I have an awesome husband!

There were a whole bunch of condo-like cabins on one side, then you had to cross a bridge over the river, and on the other side stood one lone cabin, complete with it's own personal hot tub. That's where we stayed. Yeah. My husband is good!

As you can see, when we got there, there was a little bit of snow on the ground. It was absolutely breath-taking! And the fact that it was next to a river made it wonderful. We stayed here for three days and just had so much fun taking walks next to the river, laying out looking at the stars at night, running back and getting warm in our hot tub. We honestly had no worries. Our phones didn't work and we had no internet, so it was just CW and I. There was hardly anyone else staying at the cabins there, so it was almost like we had this whole forest and river to ourselves. It was amazing!


It was so cool to have our own hot tub right outside our front door. We were the only ones who had a private hot tub. :) It was awesome!

We had so much fun together! It really was an amazing experience. I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon destination!

It was in Estes Park, CO. So, we went down to Old Town Estes Park and explored there for a while.


We finished up our honeymoon by heading back to Longmont, CO (where CW is from) and grabbing the 4-wheelers. I'd never been 4-wheeling before, so I was super excited to go. We headed up into the mountains and went off. I got to drive it for a little bit too!


CW and I have so much fun together no matter what we do! I'm so grateful for him and all of the many adventures that he's already taken me on (or is taking me on...as the case may be now!) I love him dearly and I'm excited for what life has in store for us in the future!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm! And your husband has the most wonderful, beautiful, sexy, and brilliant wife ever. What a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that you are wearing one of my jackets in one of the pictures . . . Hmmm . . .

    Cute pictures. It sounds like you two had a lot of fun. And private Hot Tub?? That's pretty sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Yea, I'm pretty sure that CW and my future husband should be friends...give him a few pointers and what not. :) It sounds like a lot o fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaimee...Don't worry about it! :)

    And they should definitely be friends Mads! haha

    ReplyDelete